Here's a few lazy tips for a busy mom who likes to procrastinate. Some are practical, some are just plain lazy lol:
- Getting dressed. If you are running late and still need to get a shirt on, throw on a bulky sweater, this way you don't need a bra or coat, saves time getting dressed! (And yes, I did this just this morning lol)
- Laundry. Need to do laundry but have a bunch of different small loads (colors, whites, towels, etc) and don't want to waste water and time on doing a bunch of small loads? Throw it all in together and wash on cold so nothing bleeds or fades.
- Diaper bags. Always pack more diapers and clothes than you think you'll need, because if you don't, it's a sure thing you will wish you had. Even if you are just running to the store.
- Cleanliness. Haven't had a chance to shower, but have to go to the store? Grab a baby wipe and quickly wash your face and hands. Put hair in ponytail and put on baseball hat to cover greasiness. (Also works for kids, do a quick baby wipe wipe-down, if they have short hair you can even quickly 'wash' their hair with it).
- Cleaning up. Laundry baskets and totes are your friends. If your living room is messy and people are coming over, quickly gather all the clutter into a laundry basket and hide it in a different room until they leave and you can put it away. For easy toy cleanup keep everything in totes or baskets, also makes it easier for young kids to help.
- Dishes. Almost anything can go in the dishwasher, don't bother scrubbing or rinsing. If it doesn't get clean the first time just keep running it until it does> (OK, not really the best tip, but I still do it lol)
- Vacuuming. If you have pets, that's a bonus since they will clean up most anything off the floor, then you just have to quickly go over the rest. Don't bother doing the edges and corners every time, just get the main traffic areas.
- Carpet stains. If it won't come out cover it up. Rugs, furniture, toys, etc.
- Cream of mushroom soup. Can be added to almost anything for a quick meal, seriously. It's like the jack-of-all-trades for food. Just add it to pasta and veggies, or meat and veggies and voila, quick easy casserole.
- Duct tape. Is there anything it can't do?!
Well, that's all I can think of right now! Feel free to share your lazy tips!
Sounds good to me! Cream of mushroom (actually, we prefer cream of celery at my house) is a standby for dinners around here.
And I really should do that laundry basket thing, even for regular clean-ups. It is too much work to keep walking back and forth between rooms, putting everything away. (Then again, this is my only exercise.)
I look like a BIG dork in a baseball hat. I really think my head is a weird shape.
I'm trying to think of a lazy tip, but I must be too lazy, because I can only comment on your lazy tips. :LOL: I'll think about it and maybe you'll see me again. ;-)
LOL Beth. I actually prefer Cream of Chicken really :) But they all work pretty much the same
I'm too lazy to share my lazy tips :)
I don't have time to share tips! *LOL* Just kidding. :)
Thanks for the great ones!
Post a Comment