Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm back!

Well, I'm back! The trip was wonderful! I'll have to post pics later when I get them downloaded. The first day there kinda stunk, cuz we had a long trip over, and both pumps I brought with me wouldn't work, so I bought a pump n the way to the airport Mon morning and it was missing a piece and wouldn't work either! By the time we got to Cancun I was in so much pain since I hadn't nursed or pumped in over 24 hrs. We finally found a little pharmacy that had those old fashioned little bulb-suction hand pumps, but it worked great. They also screwed up all the rooms when we checked in. Everyone that was supposed to have 2 double beds got a king size and vice versa. So we switched Hubby's friends for his king size and the room was beautiful. Looked right out over the ocean with a hammock on the balcony to relax in. Picture perfect seriously. Tuesday we just laid around and did nothing, sunbathing, eating, etc. Was so nice to just relax. Wednesday we went to Chichen Itza, the Mayan ruins. That was so cool! It was 3hrs away but our tour guide was cool and we stopped at Ik-Kil where they have a huge underground cavern freshwater pool, it was so beautiful. So we swam in that for a bit. The ruins were so cool. People aren't allowed to go up the big pyramid anymore though cuz they've had too many accidents, but there was so much to see. We bought a few things, bartered really good. Got a stone chess set for $10 when the lady asked for $20, and a hammock for about $11.50 instead of $25. We got some maracas for the boys. Then Thursday we were lazy again, played in the ocean, swam in the pool, sunbathed, etc. Friday we walked down to an outdoor mall and bought some t-shirts, then just lounged around and got packed. Then yesterday we had to get up at 3 to get ready to go, the bus took us to the airport at 4, plane left around 7 to Denver, we had a 5 hr layover in Denver then flew on to SLC. We were going to come home last night but by the time we got to my family's house we were just too tired, so we spent the night. I missed my boys so much! My milk is practically gone though, that little pump wasn't enough to keep my supply up, so I need to get back to nursing a ton, Baby will have to be supplemented with formula for a while and hopefully my supply will come back soon. But the trip was so great. Oh, I also got an ear infection Wednesday, so I can only half hear in my right ear right now, and it's making me dizzy to sit here too long. The house is freezing since we didn't have the heaters on high while we were gone, so the office is so cold and my fingers are getting stiff lol. Oh yeah, my friend called me last Sat when we were still in SLC to let us know our pipes had froze! (She was checking on the cats for us) Luckily she stayed there and had the city come unfreeze it, and then left some water running the rest of the time.

Anyway, now I've got my little boys so I'm going to go cuddle them, Toddler didn't seem very happy to see me though :( Grandma's house is just too fun.


Crazy Working Mom said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back! :)
I'm going to check out your pics right now.
I bet you did miss those babies terribly. I can't stand to be away from mine for too long.

Michelle said...

Kara's back! Kara's back!

Sorry you couldn't find a breast pump that would work for you. Ouchie! I'm sure the baby will help you bounce right back. :)

I'm glad the rest of the trip was fun! (Minus the ear infection - what a pain.) I can't wait to see your hammock, it sounds really comfy. You could put it in your living room. :D

Barb said...

Well it's about time :) Welcome home!

Kate said...

Welcome Home Kara! Sounds like a good trip was had overall! :)
I hope the milk production regulates quickly and the ear infection skeedaddles quickly! :)