Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Works-For-Me Wednesday: Wrapping Presents
Thanks to Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer for hosting WFMW. This week is a special Christmas edition to share tips to get us through the season. Check out Rocks In My Dryer for more helpful hints!
So, it's come to my attention that there are many people out there that do not know how to wrap presents. I absolutely love wrapping gifts, I think it might be one of my favorite parts of Christmas. No, I'm not a professional by any means, but I think I do a good job. So for those of you who are wrapping impaired, here's some simple instructions on how to do it.
1) Cut out a piece of wrapping paper that is long enough to wrap around the gift and overlap about 1/2" and enough paper at top and bottom to go a bit more than halfway up the side. (OK, that might not make much sense, but that is why I'm adding pics! And I'm just using boring butcher paper in the pics cuz this isn't a real gift. It doesn't really matter how you place your gift on the paper as long as it's in the middle, but I always put it face down, just because, that's just the way I have to do it, don't ask, I'm a bit OCD about it).
2) Fold the sides over so that they overlap, and tape. Simple.
3) Then, fold in the small sides and tape down, as shown:
4) Fold down the top flap, tape.
5) Then fold up the bottom flap and tape.
Repeat steps 3-5 on opposite side. You can then decorate with ribbons, bows, tags, etc however you like.
* If you have an odd shaped gift, or soft gift (ie clothes) it is much easier to wrap if you put it in a box first.
* To wrap a ball or cylinder shaped gift, you can wrap it like a candy. Fold the paper around the middle of the gift and tape, then use ribbon to scrunch the ends together and tie, so it resembles a tootsie roll (or for a ball, some other round wrapped candy lol).
* If you are in a big hurry or still can't get it and are getting frustrated, that's what gift bags and tissue paper are for! I save gift bags and tissue paper I'm given and keep them by my wrapping paper so if I'm in a hurry (or just feeling lazy lol) I can grap one and go.
Hope this helps someone!